- Steven Lyon Through the LensPosted 5 days ago
- Va Va Vroom Petite Fashion EditorialPosted 6 days ago
- Don’t Let Life Discourage YouPosted 6 days ago
- Bella Petite Magazine Editor and Lifestyle Expert Ann Lauren on Real EstatePosted 1 week ago
- Top 10 Design Trends People Want To Have In a HomePosted 1 week ago
- Margarita Grilled Shrimp RecipePosted 2 weeks ago
- Victoria’s Secret Height Discrimination and Body Stereotypes Live OnPosted 3 weeks ago
- A World Exclusive Featuring ‘After Romeo’Posted 3 weeks ago
- Franky Perez & Rockstar Friends Perform Led Zepplin’s “Whole Lotta Love” Exclusive Release!Posted 3 weeks ago
- A World Exclusive Release The Cult “Love Removal Machine”Posted 3 weeks ago
It’s All About the Booty
It’s All About the BOOTY
Every time I talk to women about working out or work out with friends of mine, I always get the same question. “How can I make my butt look rounder and more bubbly?” Yes, the craze used to be “tig ol bitties,” but lets face it;
“IT’S ALL ABOUT THE BOOTY NOW!”
There are even songs being made about nice butts in every realm of music from country’s “honky tonk badonka donk” too Hip Hips “Booty Meat” and the most sought after stars of the time seem to all have a little junk in the trunk! Is your backside lacking? Join me for a A$$ kicking!
First, we must understand that our butt is a muscle, the “gluteus maximus,” so unless we work that muscle, it’s probably going to get softer and flatter! That is why it is important to do not only exercise, but do specific exercises that target the area you are working on.
I have had the privilege (and torture) of training under some of the top athletic trainers in the world from David Scott who trained Olympic gold medalist, Jennifer Azzi, as well as Ernie Thompson, former NFL player, and top strength and conditioning coaches at the University of Kentucky and Indiana State University. They have put me through workouts that made me, so sore I could barely walk the next day and I am here to share them with you so that all my fellow sisters can strut around with a booty, so cute that somebody wants to makes a song about it!
CHOOSE AT LEAST 7 THESE EXERCISES TO DO 3 TIMES PER WEEK
The single BEST butt exercise which has many variations that work each area so it is important to do a variety of these squats!
Feet shoulder width apart, toes pointing straight ahead, hands out straight in front, squat SLOWLY squeezing your butt tightly, until the bend of your knee is at a 90-degree angle and hold it at the seated position for one second before slowly standing back up – repeat 3 sets of 10
Pigeon Toe Squat:
Only difference from the standard squat is point toes slightly in towards each other (works the outside of the butt for extra lift!)
-repeat 3 sets of 10
Outward Toe Squat:
Only difference is from standard squat is toes slightly point out away from each other (works the inside of your butt)
Split leg Squat:
– Take a large step forward with left leg, find your balance, and anchor yourself in a sturdy position with hands on hips.
-Sink hips straight down, keeping chest up and shoulders back
-Pause for a second when you get to the lowest point of your squat and squeeze cheeks the entire time!
-Do 20 with each leg forward
– Start in standard squat position following stand squat directions until you get to the seated position of the squat, without raising up from the squat, jump straight up from the bent knee position
-Going right back into another squat slowly when you land
-Squeeze your cheeks while you jump!
-Do 3 sets of 10 jumps
DOGGY STYLE LEG LIFTS:
-The best Gluteus Maximus specific exercise!
-Get on all fours with arms in a straight push up position while squeezing your abs and cheeks tightly
– Bring right knee slowly to chest and squeeze
– Slowly kick in backwards upward motion, pausing when your leg is fully extended
-Do 20 reps on each leg
Peeing on Fire Hydrant:
-Start position is same as “kick-backs”
– lift right leg a couple inches off the floor, keeping same position (knee should be at 90-degree angle) while lifting your leg like you are “peeing on a fire hydrant”
-knee, should be parallel with and at the same level of your shoulder at the top of the left lift, squeeze at the point
-slowly go back to starting position and repeat without knee ever hitting the floor
-20 reps each leg
-Start position same as “Peeing on Fire Hydrant” keeping same knee position at a 90-degree angle
– lift leg in circular, motion so that you are imitating a dog scratching their ear with their back leg
-these should be slow circular motion, squeezing abs and cheeks entire time
-20 reps forward scratchers, 20 reps reverse scratchers on each leg
Last but not least, stop the jogging ladies!!!! It does little for burning calories or the booty. Instead to do intervals of walk…SPRINT…walk…SPRINT. The explosion of sprinting builds muscle, tones, and lifts!!!!
Nutrition tip: Eat plenty of protein to help build that bubbly Gluteus Maximus!
LIKE IT, OR NOT? Tell us below.
PARTICIPATE IN THE BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE FASHION AND MODEL INITIATIVE! COPY AND PASTE UP THIS FABULOUS GRAPHIC INTO YOUR FACEBOOK TIMELINE COVER HEADER AND PROMOTE IT ON YOUR WEBPAGES.
Join Bella Petite today and be part of the petite fashion and model movement. Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment, and LifeStyle for Women 5’7″ Tall & under.
“Petite is fit, curvy and plus-sized. Free to join us!
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE Enter the Bella Petite Model Search. WIN a photo shoot in California, editorial fashion spread and tearsheets for your portfolio and model promotions! Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’7″ tall and under!