- Bella Petite Magazine Editor and Lifestyle Expert Ann Lauren on Real EstatePosted 2 weeks ago
- Victoria’s Secret Height Discrimination and Body Stereotypes Live OnPosted 2 weeks ago
- A World Exclusive Featuring ‘After Romeo’Posted 2 weeks ago
- Franky Perez & Rockstar Friends Perform Led Zepplin’s “Whole Lotta Love” Exclusive Release!Posted 2 weeks ago
- A World Exclusive Release The Cult “Love Removal Machine”Posted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Modern Chic’ Fashion EditorialPosted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Glam Punk Rock’ Fashion EditorialPosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10 Design Trends People Want To Have In a HomePosted 3 weeks ago
- Five Good Reasons To Own “The Little Black Dress”Posted 3 weeks ago
- Bella Petite Fashion TakeoverPosted 3 weeks ago
Top Five List Of Petite Fashion Myths
1. PETITE MEANS TINY.
Petite sizing is based on height, not weight. According to the National Center for Health Statistics, only 8% of all petite women weigh 100 pounds or less. Petite refers to an all over proportioning of the body from head-to-toe, not left-to-right.
A petite woman can have the same bust and hip measurements as someone much taller but is challenged to find clothing that fits because of her shorter body frame. The celebrities shown in the above picture are all petites! 5’5″ Vanessa Minnillo, 5’1″ Hilary Duff, 5’1″ Fergie
2. ANY GARMENT PURCHASED IN REGULAR SIZES WILL FIT A PETITE WOMAN ONCE IT IS HEMMED.
Wrong! Petite clothing is proportioned totally differently from regular sizes, not just a shortened version.
A petite sized garment is cut smaller in key areas and the rest of the garment is proportioned to match. Differences in addition to shorter hemlines include shorter lines neck-to-waist and waist-to-hip; narrower shoulders; higher armholes; raised pockets; a shorter rise; and scaled down details.
3. THE HIGHER THE HEEL, THE TALLER YOU LOOK.
Recently, at the Fall designer runway shows in New York City, several models stumbled and fell off their Amazonian 7-inch heels proving my point.
Teetering on ridiculously high heels throws posture and petite proportion off balance and can lead to serious injury.
4. THE CHILDREN’S DEPARTMENT IS A GREAT PLACE FOR PETITE WOMEN TO SHOP.
Don’t ever let a store salesperson size you up and recommend that you shop in their Children’s Department. This advice is not only crazy, it is insulting!
What stylish petite woman wants to wear children’s clothing? It is certainly not the image petite women I know want to convey. Children’s clothing is designed for children, not real women with boobs and curves.
5. PETITE WOMEN SHOULD ALWAYS TRY TO LOOK TALLER.
Embrace your petite stature. If you are 5’ tall, there is no way you are going to look 5’8” tall without risking your life in 8-inch heels. The key is dressing with confidence and style, avoiding any looks that make you appear shorter than you are.
In my opinion, there is actually very little that a petite woman cannot wear as long as she knows how to put it all together. My list is short (pardon the pun), but the following pretty much NEVER works on a petite woman – border print skirts and dresses, thigh-high boots, and shoes with ankle straps. (Photo of petite pop star 5’1″ Lady GaGa)
By Ann Lauren
Get your free online issue of Bella Petite Magazine today to see what all the buzz is about! Printed editions are also available for order at bit.ly/bellapetitemag
LIKE IT, OR NOT? Tell us below.
Join Bella Petite today and be part of the petite fashion and model movement. Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and LifeStyle for Women 5’5″ Tall & under. “Petite is fit, curvy and plus-sized. Free to join us!
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE Enter the Bella Petite Model Search. WIN a photo shoot in California, editorial fashion spread and tearsheets for your portfolio and model promotions! Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’5″ tall and under!
Get your free online issue of Bella Petite today to see what all the buzz is about! Printed editions are available for order at bit.ly/bellapetitemag