- George Hurrell’s HollywoodPosted 16 hours ago
- Tell Tale Signs It’s Time to Take a Break From DatingPosted 3 days ago
- Celebrity Style Watch on Kerry Washington and Kim KardashianPosted 7 days ago
- Architectural Digest How To Reboot Your HomePosted 1 week ago
- Modern Chic Fashion Editorial Featuring Petite ModelsPosted 1 week ago
- Crab and Cheddar Bisque Soup “SuperModelFood”Posted 1 week ago
- 2016 Vibrant Color Trends Transform Your WardrobePosted 1 week ago
- TAN OR NOT TO TAN…TANNING BEDS: What You Need To Know!Posted 1 week ago
- Grilled Chicken Tomato SaladPosted 1 week ago
- A GUIDELINE FOR GREAT FITTING JEANSPosted 1 week ago
How To Dress: Dress Styles For Petite Women ‘Dresses For Short Women’
PETITE DRESS: WRAP DRESS
1. One of the most flattering dresses for petite women and our figure is the wrap dress as shown on petite celebrity Eva Longoria in coral. Wrap dresses are generally A-line or straight cut, which flatters your figure. This style is good for elongating your petite frame. The V-neckline and bell sleeves, or surplice styling make you look longer and sometimes leaner!
PETITE DRESS: EMPIRE WAIST DRESS
2. Another favorite petite dress style is the empire waist dress shown here to the left on a petite model. This is a wonderful style for the petite figure being that the waistline is cut just below the bustline, as opposed to the middle at the natural waistline. This particular cut makes your legs appear longer creating an elongated illusion, so a petite woman will look a bit taller!
PETITE DRESS: SHIRTDRESS
3. The shirtdress is a casual and easy to wear work outfit and it should be at the knee of just above by no more than two inches like you see here on petite actress Vanessa Hudgens. Shirtdresses form vertical lines with the front buttons helping to elongate your frame, and shirtdresses have v-necklines, another style to visually add that longer and leaner look!
PETITE DRESS: SHEATH DRESS
4. The petite sheath dress is a versatile and flattering style for petite women it can be worn to work or special occasions, which the gorgeous Michelle Williams does so wonderfully! Make sure the dress fits well and it is not too tight. I highly recommend you wear spanx to help detract from figure flaws such as, a bulging tummy and butt/thighs to get the best look with this particular style. It’s also easy to disguise these flaws by adding a tailored jacket, making this combination a great ensemble!
5. The long column dress is a fantastic red carpet or special event style to wear. The petite fashionista Nicole Richie rocks this dress! For a more casual Spring or Summer look try the maxi dress. Be cautious of your hemlines with long dresses as you don’t want any drag. We petites appreciate the long vertical line of the column dress or maxi dress, because it makes us appear taller and slimmer! The long column dress style can sometimes show your figure flaws, so it is important to get the right body slimmer for your figure issues.
LIKE IT OR NOT
What is your favorite petite dress style? Tell us below.
Enter the Bella Petite Model Search! Join Bella Petite today and be part of the petite fashion and model movement! You don’t see Vogue or any other fashion magazine bring petite women to the fashion forefront or give petite models opportunity like Bella Petite, it’s our time to shine!
Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and LifeStyle for Women 5’5″ Tall & under. “Petite is fit and full figured.” Free to subscribe to Bella Petite! You will receive regular updates on our events, promotions, special offers and Bella Petite Magazine.
Petite Model Editorials Bella Petite Magazine
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE Enter the Bella Petite Model Search WIN an all expense paid trip to Hawaii and a high fashion spread! The ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’5″ tall and under.
Petite models you too can get discovered like Bella Petite cover girl Crystal!