- Top 10 Celebrity Body Secrets Revealed!Posted 5 days ago
- What’s In Her Closet ‘Summer Fashion’Posted 7 days ago
- Victoria’s Secret Height Discrimination and Body Stereotypes Live OnPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bella Petite Magazine CovergirlsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10 Design Trends People Want To Have In a HomePosted 2 weeks ago
- Bella Petite Magazine Editor and Lifestyle Expert Ann Lauren on Real EstatePosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine, Dine & Art It’s All in The MindPosted 3 weeks ago
- A World Exclusive Featuring ‘After Romeo’Posted 3 weeks ago
- ‘Glam Punk Rock’ Fashion EditorialPosted 3 weeks ago
- A GUIDELINE FOR GREAT FITTING JEANSPosted 3 weeks ago
Retailers Support the Future of Petites in the Fashion Industry
Retailer Support the Future of Petites!
By Ann Lauren: The realization is majority of women are 5’5″ tall and under. The average size woman is 5’3″ in the US. The fashion industry considers petite women to be 5’5″ tall and under. Nevertheless models are consistently 5’9″ or greater. Tall thin models are the accepted norm for the fashion industry. Cover girls and fashion models are amazons. The only way we’ll ever see a petite model on the cover of a magazine is if she’s a famous celebrity, ie Eva Longoria, Salma Hayek, Madonna, Alyssa Milano and the list goes on. Petite women dominate the entertainment world, yet they are “persona non grata” in the fashion world.
Hallelujah, some fashion brands and designers are carrying petite lines with a greater selection include; Kenar Petites, Jones New York, Gap, Bebe, Talbots, Ann Taylor, INC, Elisabeth by Liz Clairborne and Land’s End. Some of the brands sold at Nordstrom, Saks’s Fifth Avenue, Macy’s, Petite Sophisticates, Kmart, JC Penney, Caslon, Classiques Entier, Dana Buchman and others. Banana Republic spokesperson said that “the company has completely re-proportioned its fit for petites and tested the line exclusively with petite fit models.” About time some designers and retailers got a clue!
Now how about using actual petite models in advertisements. After all, the fashion business is more psychological and placing images of the actual women that would buy the clothes would be a hit. I am sure it’s worth the eight billion dollars of buying power petites spend in the fashion industry. Certainly our money will get their attention! “Proper consumer education and campaign will be able to raise awareness,” of this need. BellaPetite.com Magazine and Web community will fulfill the petite market demand!
LIKE IT, OR NOT? Tell us below.
Join Bella Petite today and be part of the petite fashion and model movement. Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and LifeStyle for Women 5’5″ Tall & under. “Petite is fit, curvy and plus-sized. Free to join us!
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE Enter the Bella Petite Model Search. WIN a photo shoot in California, editorial fashion spread and tearsheets for your portfolio and model promotions! Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’5″ tall and under!
Get your free online issue of Bella Petite today to see what all the buzz is about! Print editions are available for order at bit.ly/bellapetitemag