- Top 10 Celebrity Body Secrets Revealed!Posted 4 days ago
- What’s In Her Closet ‘Summer Fashion’Posted 6 days ago
- Victoria’s Secret Height Discrimination and Body Stereotypes Live OnPosted 1 week ago
- Bella Petite Magazine CovergirlsPosted 1 week ago
- Top 10 Design Trends People Want To Have In a HomePosted 2 weeks ago
- Bella Petite Magazine Editor and Lifestyle Expert Ann Lauren on Real EstatePosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine, Dine & Art It’s All in The MindPosted 2 weeks ago
- A World Exclusive Featuring ‘After Romeo’Posted 3 weeks ago
- ‘Glam Punk Rock’ Fashion EditorialPosted 3 weeks ago
- A GUIDELINE FOR GREAT FITTING JEANSPosted 3 weeks ago
American Beauty Infects China “Pursuit of Beauty”
HEIGHTISM DESTROYING A SOCIETY
In China, Ling says height is a sign of status and is seen by some as a prerequisite for success. “Minimum height requirements are not unusual for most jobs, even admission to college and to land a date!”
Ling interviewed Jessy, a 27-year-old woman who’s interested in undergoing the procedure. She says she’s willing to take over a year off work to grow a few inches. Currently, she’s 5’3″. “I want to be 5’6″ or 5’9″. Just being taller makes me feel much confidence, I’m jealous when I see tall girls walking around. I just want to be just like them.”
TALLER IS NOT BETTER
This ideology is repulsive! How awful and alarming to see the lengths some people are willing to go to be “taller.” Essentially, media influence has successfully instilled the idea that taller is better.
These false images are not something we should emulate.
It’s time for the lines of beauty to be redefined, or we will be lost in a soulless search for some arbitrary idea of beauty and perfection.