- Bella Petite Magazine Editor and Lifestyle Expert Ann Lauren on Real EstatePosted 57 mins ago
- Model On-The-Go FoodsPosted 19 hours ago
- She’s Got It Fashion EditorialPosted 4 days ago
- Bella Petite Model Cover Girl Lands Cosmetics CampaignPosted 3 weeks ago
- A World Exclusive Featuring ‘After Romeo’Posted 3 weeks ago
- Exclusive Video Stevie Wonder’s ‘Superstition’ Live Concert ATA Glenn Hughes PerformancePosted 4 weeks ago
- Victoria’s Secret Height Discrimination and Body Stereotypes Live OnPosted 1 month ago
- ‘Nevermore’ Fashion Editorial From IndiaPosted 1 month ago
- Top 10 Design Trends People Want To Have In a HomePosted 1 month ago
- Va Va Vroom Petite Fashion EditorialPosted 1 month ago
Top 10 List of (un)Funny Comments Told To Petite Women
We thought it would be fun to give you our top ten list of comments told to us, or overheard by petite women that we may not appreciate! Here’s some fodder meant to entertain you. It’s always good to laugh at ourselves, it’s downright healthy!
1. Wow, you are “so petite,” it is adorable.
Adorable? Really? Backhanded compliments are always rude…
2. “You are so cute.”
No not the “C word.” Please don’t say this to a petite woman, because we dislike being called “cute.” The word “cute” implies we are not sexy women.
3. “I hate it when I see a tall man with a petite woman. It makes the man look like a pedophile!”
Well, it looks like Ashton Kutcher, disagrees with you. Sorry, this just seems to be pure envy from our taller female counterparts.
After all, what do the scientific studies reveal?
4. “You should shop in the junior section to find clothing that fits.”
5. “At least you look younger than everybody.”
As if wrinkles actually avoid us! I do love the sentiment here, though. The truth is that petite women often look younger and that’s always a plus, so I can’t be too offended by this one.
6. “Petite women are viewed as less competent in the workplace.”
Equal pay for petite women may be a different story, though…
7. “Petite women will never be models.”
Well, Bella Petite’s done a lot to disprove this one. Seriously, just because the old crowd running the fashion industry say it’s so, doesn’t mean we can’t bring much-needed change and diversity to the fashion world.
Anyway, who say’s we have to follow old school designers, or old style fashion rags who continually perpetuate this illusion.
Yes, the petite woman’s fashion takeover is underway!
8. “Celebrities are so short you look like so and so.”
Yeah, I know we petite women have weekly meetings about the perils of our height, blah, blah. It’s like they’re qualifying for us that it is okay to be petite, as if we fathomed it was a problem or unattractive in the first place.
9. “Wow, you’re actually strong for being so short.”
Last time we checked petite women dominate the fitness industry and the Miss Fitness USA titles. Honestly, height and strength are not highly correlated, other than petite women have the advantage of building muscle faster and weight, lol.
10. “What’s the weather like down there.” Come on. You did NOT just say that, too funny! LOL!
Written by Ann Lauren
Get your free online issue of Bella Petite Magazine today to see what all the buzz is about! Donate to our fashion initiative by ordering a printed edition at bit.ly/bellapetitemag
LIKE IT, OR NOT? Tell us below.
PARTICIPATE IN THE BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE FASHION AND MODEL INITIATIVE! COPY AND PASTE UP THIS FABULOUS GRAPHIC INTO YOUR FACEBOOK TIMELINE COVER HEADER AND PROMOTE IT ON YOUR WEBPAGES.
Join Bella Petite the Bella Petite fashion initiative to support petite models and a greater selection of designer fashion for petite
women. “Petite is fit, curvy and plus-sized. Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment, and LifeStyle for Women 5’7″ and under. Join us!
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE Enter the Bella Petite Model Search. WIN a photo shoot in California, a fashion editorial spread, and tearsheets for your portfolio and model promotions!
Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’7″ and under! And yes, we are the vanguard magazine changing the fashion industry antiquated rules! Time for a change. It’s about time.