Most people believe giving is only measured in terms of money, but there are no-cost ways to give through expressing and demonstrating your internal abundance. This is your real currency and that which you use to leverage your gains, success and forward motion to help others along the way. All of which creates businesses that thrive, expand and become a plus to the communities around them.
Your positive thoughts, deeds, service, encouragement, resources, opportunities, and kind words all have value to the recipient.
Giving makes you feel part of something bigger. You might not feel that way initially, because the ego self will protest that you don’t have enough to spare, and that you’ll suffer if you give away too much. But generosity is an intrinsic part of who you are. By reactivating this part of yourself, you awaken to your higher self and curb the tendencies of your ego self.
The real currency is in discovering”How can I give today?” rather than “What can I get today?” This isn’t difficult but it will take concentration and commitment to thing this way.
- It is part of your divine biological programming to want to help another person without having a hidden motive to get the better end of the deal.
- Share information about a resource with a colleague or friend to help her complete a project.
- Lend a hand to anyone who needs it, even if it means getting your hands dirty.
- Listen to others without interrupting, offering advice, or judging the situation.
- Nurture and empower others by reminding them of their resources and strength.
All of these behaviors will strengthen your organization and boost morale, even as they inspire others to operate from the higher self as well.
On the most basic level, offer a smile to a stranger on the street. Say “good morning” to a few of the other caffeine-needy folks in line at Starbucks. Give a seat to a mother struggling to juggle her children on a bus. These things cost absolutely nothing but have such enormous value.
- When was the last time you told a colleague or competitor about a plum resource?
- When have you passed an opportunity along to someone who would be a better fit for it?
- Have you lent a hand to another manager who was having difficulties in getting work accomplished for no other reason than to be helpful? These are little everyday ways you can be a go-giver rather than merely a go-getter.
In business, there are people who understand the concept of giving at a much higher level. They leverage their
The fifteen guiding principles for the foundation clearly show they understand the basic operational outline of being a go-giver instead of a go-getter:
Use your resources to be of assistance to others. Operate with respect, integrity, and accountability. Partner with and collaborate with others who advocate for change.
While it may not be within your realm of influence to give to others on a global scale in the way the Gates and others can, you can give where you are—in your workplace and community. Giving is energetic currency, which has a greater value than any dollar amount.
This is your most powerful currency. Where and how are you giving to others today? Beyond money…..
We’d love to hear your comments, experiences and inspirations! Written by: Maria Gamb
Quote by Chanelle: “I would subscribe to Bella Petite Magazine whether or not there was a model search, because of the fact that this is a magazine that is trying to change the discriminatory height standards in the fashion industry. I love being a part of that!” Enter the Bella Petite Magazine Cover Girl and Editorial petite model search.
FREE subscription to Bella Petite Magazine Sweepstake giveaways, prizes and great discounts at My Sweet Petites, Allison Izu and Fernanda Carneiro to our registered members!
Get a magazine you identify with!
Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and LifeStyle for Women 5’5″ Tall & under. Petite is fit and full figured. FREE MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION!