Although I describe what I’ve learned about male and female preferences, sexual selection, and evolutionary psychology in the coming article, to give you a little food for thought, I’ve listed some statistics to help clear your mind (perhaps after reading this, you will no longer think it’s a “fetish” or fantasy for tall men to like “petite women”).
Try to remember that the average height of a woman in the United States stands at 5’3”, thus making them…come on, say it with me – “PETITE!”
This is actually true for around the globe as well, concluding that over 70% of the women in our population are 5’5” and under. Clearly then, it’s plausible and conceivable to presume that the odds of a tall man pairing up or preferring a petite woman would be higher than that of them picking a tall woman, correct? To prove my point, allow me to list a few countries’ height averages, accounting for their women population:
Facts and “Petite” Figures
1. NORTH AMERICA: United States women are an average petite, 5’3”; Canadian women’s average height also is 5’3”; while Central Americans are even more petite, with a typical Mexican woman reaching a height of only 5’1”, and Guatemalan women, being some of the shortest women in the world, measuring only 4’6”.
2. SOUTH AMERICA: Columbian women have an average height of 5’2.4”, but in Brazil, women are a little more petite at 5’2.2”; Argentines are a little taller, standing at 5’3.4”.
3. AFRICA: Some of the tallest women of Africa live in Cameroon, reaching a mere 5’3.5” on average; however, throughout many African countries the average height is only 5’2”. The shortest African women live in Malawi and measure a very petite 5’1”.
4. EUROPE: Spain holds some of the shortest European women at a petite 5’2.3”, while women in France are a bit taller at a mere 5’3.7”. The average height of women in Finland is less than 5’5”, with the United Kingdom only reaching 5’4.4 on average. The Netherlands, which is where some of the tallest women in the world reside, reach a typical height of 5’6.4”, with women in Iceland and the Czech Republic standing a wee smaller at just 5’6”.
5. ASIA: Across the continent, there is a height difference of 7” from country to country, with the most petite women living in Indonesia at 4’10” on average, and the tallest women living in India, standing an average, 5’5”. Philippine women are among the shortest in the continent at a very petite 4’11”.
One can certainly see, the list goes on and on (one only has to do some research), with some countries I’ve never even heard of before! On my data sheets, which only includes 81 Countries and/or Regions, I have the tallest women living in the Dinaric Alps at an average height of 5’7” (which isn’t considered Amazon, or even tall enough for the modeling industry), and the most petite women, reaching only 4’6”, in Guatemala.
To all the Amazon women out there who bitch and complain and make unfounded accusations, saying, “Petite women steal our men!” and, who charge us with being superficial and insincere with our mate choices by stating, “Petite women only date tall men so they can feel validated as a real woman,” (Oh yeah, and we Petites believe, too, that tall men are better hung, don’t forget that one!…Pfft, please get a life.*sigh*)
To the fashion industry who haven’t got a clue as to proper proportions, yet, for the petite masses, which one would think you would, by now; and to the high fashion modeling industry who discriminate and take away the dreams and ambition from any young woman under 5’8”(which hello, is most women) – these statistics are for YOU as if you didn’t already know. PLEASE, GET A CLUE…SOON!
Are we, the petite women of a global percentage, being “petty?” Or, are the Amazon women at 5’8 and over, who make up only 3.9% of our population, being adversarial? Yes, that was a rhetorical question – no need to answer!
This article is part three in our series on “Petites vs. Amazons” and the final analysis of this series.
Written by: Tana Corporon!
LIKE IT, OR NOT? Tell us below.
PARTICIPATE IN THE BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE FASHION AND MODEL INITIATIVE! COPY AND PASTE UP THIS FABULOUS GRAPHIC INTO YOUR FACEBOOK TIMELINE COVER HEADER AND PROMOTE IT ON YOUR WEBPAGES.
Join Bella Petite today and be part of the petite fashion and model movement. Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment, and Lifestyle for Women. “Petite is fit, curvy, and plus-sized.
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE Model Search. Models a photoshoot in California, editorial fashion spread, tearsheets for your portfolio, and model promotions! Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’7″ tall and under!