1) First and foremost – forgive yourself! Let it go! And decide that you’re going to take the following steps to get back on track. Honestly people spend way too much time beating themselves up for their shortcomings. So please hear me when I say: You’re human – let it go and get on with it immediately!
2) Make some “ME TIME” immediately – you’re probably exhausted and your brain feels like Jello. So take some time for yourself. Just you. Not with the spouse or the kids. Just time for yourself. Get a massage. Drive to the beach and watch the waves crash over the rocks. Take a tennis lesson. Do whatever you need to do to quiet your mind and allow your body to relax.
3) Make some time for your family and friends – find a low stress way to spend time with your family and or friends. Have a meal out at a casual restaurant. Go to a baseball game together. Do the thing that makes you smile and feel happy. It’s the activity that when you sit back and watch what’s going on around you a smile automatically appears on your face and you think “wow, I am so blessed to have this experience in my life.”
Do not proceed further until you’ve done the first 3 steps. They are essential in helping you feel nourished, nurtured and connected to yourself, your family and friends who are supportive of you and your endeavors. No man (or woman) can be an island and succeed without the support of others. And that also means the support of your own well-rested, cared for SELF.
4) Morning or Evening Writing Clarity – Start with writing out what your goals and dreams are for 15 minutes every day (or evening) at first. This is the time for you to get really clear about what you want to achieve. Be sure to include the important “surrounding details” such as: where are you when you achieve your goal, what does it feel like, what other things are you doing in your life at that time, where are you living, what does your bank account look like etc. You get the picture.
5) 15-Minute Intention Ritual – Take 15 minutes each day to read what you’ve written and consider the situation at hand. You can do this by mediation or simply by reading your goal intention statements and visualizing them. After 15 minutes of silence and focus in the manner most comfortable for you simple write a few things down that came to mind. It may be something to add to your “to do” list. Or an idea for a way to get one-step closer to achieving your goal. Allow this time to hear your own internal guidance show you the way.
6) Prioritize Your Daily and Weekly Work – I’m a big fan of making to do lists. I break mine into 3 columns: Do Immediately, Do Next, Do Later this week. It’s my variation on the Franklin Covey system. But feel free to use whatever method, works for you. This will help keep you focused on what needs to be done.
7) Make Progressive Choices – Make daily choices with your goals in mind that will help you to move closer to the realization of your goal. Choose projects and joint ventures that are in line with your goals. Too often we can be distracted by what is termed “bright shiny object syndrome” – meaning whatever glitters most in our eyes at that very moment we jump on. Be thoughtful about what is offered to you. Be selective at how and with whom you spend your time.
By Maria Gamb, CEO, Mentor, Best-Selling Author, Speaker © 2010 Maria Gamb / NMS Communications LLC All rights reserved.
Maria Gamb is the founder, CEO and Chief Change Agent of NMS Communications, LLC she shares her vast life experience
FREE subscription to Bella Petite Magazine Sweepstake giveaways, prizes and great discounts at My Sweet Petites, Allison Izu and Fernanda Carneiro to our registered members!
It’s to you get a magazine you can identify with!
Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and LifeStyle for Women 5’5″ Tall & under. Petite is fit and full figured. The Bella Petite Magazine preview issue is coming soon!
FREE MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION! SUBSCRIBE FREE