- Hollywood Glamour GirlsPosted 2 days ago
- Bella Petite Magazine Editor and Lifestyle Expert Ann Lauren on Real EstatePosted 3 days ago
- Revealing ‘Ideal’ Beauty StandardsPosted 4 days ago
- Victoria’s Secret Height Discrimination and Body Stereotypes Live OnPosted 4 days ago
- Top 10 Design Trends People Want To Have In a HomePosted 5 days ago
- Your DestinyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Vanessa Deleon Top Five List of Home Renovation TipsPosted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Supermodel Food’ Iced Teas That Jumpstart Your MetabolismPosted 2 weeks ago
- Exclusive Video of Deep Purple’s Glenn Hughes ‘Highway Star’ Live Concert PerformancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Bella Petite Model Cover Girl Lands Cosmetics CampaignPosted 3 weeks ago
Difference Between Petite & Regular Sized Wedding Dresses
The quick answer to this question is the bodice and the length. The problem is standard sized women’s clothing is designed for a woman that is over 5’5″ tall and they use fit models that are generally 5’7″ or taller. That is why petite women have difficulty finding a wedding dress or any clothing that fits properly.
To boot when you are shopping for a wedding gown you are forced with the option of trying the gown on in standard sizes of 8-10, which is daunting to say the least. The alterations required for most gowns off the rack are quite expensive unless you are able to place your order with your measurements.
Generally petite clothes have a shorter sleeve, length, torso measurements and some petite women have narrower shoulders. We know that it takes more than just hemming, or scaled down versions of misses styles for proper fitting clothing for a petite woman’s frame.
To achieve well-designed clothing that flatters a petite woman a designer must use fit models that are 5’5″ and shorter. This way they can achieve proper scale and fit.
Also, there are many ways a designer can give petites a longer, slimmer look. For example using monochromatic color schemes, delicate lace patterns, scaled down prints, smaller buttons, and trims. As you can see in the photo shown above with interior design star Vanessa Deleon who is (5’2″) she followed these simple strategies and looks absolutely fabulous on her special day!
The silver lining is that you can find gorgeous wedding dresses to fit your petite figure! By doing a little research and then you can have fun shopping for your perfect gown. One of our recommendations is LightInTheBox they have fabulous made to order dresses and super reasonable prices with a great return policy. Here are some of their fabulous wedding dress styles that will look great on petite women.
Written by: Ann Lauren
Like it or Not, Share it on Facebook!
Get your free online issue of Bella Petite Magazine today to see what all the buzz is about! bit.ly/bellapetitemag
LIKE IT, OR NOT? Tell us below.
Join Bella Petite today and be part of the petite fashion and model movement. Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and LifeStyle for Women under 5’6″ Tall. “Petite is fit, curvy and plus-sized. Free to join us!
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE Enter the Bella Petite Model Search. WIN a photo shoot in California and receive a fashionable editorial with tearsheets for your portfolio! Plus, you will have opportunities to appear in many modeling promotional campaigns. Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’5″ tall and under!
Get your free online issue of Bella Petite today to see what all the buzz is about! Printed editions are available for order at bit.ly/bellapetitemag