Top 5 List of What To Do When Moving in With Your Significant Other
Home Design by Vanessa Deleon
What to do if your significant other hates what you are bringing to move into your new palace together! I know this may be a difficult concept to grasp, but “compromise” is the name of the game if you want to live a harmonious life in your new place. You may not have the time, or money to hire a therapist, so allow me to offer you some fabulous advice.
As a guest host for INspaces, this is one of the many troubleshooting strategies I can handle for you. At Vanessa Deleon and Associates, we pride ourselves on fulfilling our clients needs and providing fantastic design and functional spaces.
1. If you both have big pieces compromise on what would make, the space looks best.
2. Be open minded, listen to what your partner has to say even if it sounds insane.
3. Select pieces of furniture that can be both masculine and feminine. Dark colored shag rugs are a great option for either gender. Mirrored pieces are great and go with any decor.
4. Compromise is important. If your partner is into stark modern design and you’re tastes is more sumptuous, include soft touches such as throw pillows and candles to soften the minimalist look.
5. Stick with a gender-neutral color palette. Hot pink curtains would not be ideal.
Ann Lauren Livecast: Interview with Vanessa Deleon
“Indoor Spaces” with HGTV Design Star Vanessa Deleon bring us fashionable solutions for you and your home and your mate!
Vanessa can be seen in such shows as HGTV’s Generation Renovation, Designer’s Challenge, Bang For Your Buck, and Design Star. Live shows every Tuesday at 10 am PST and 1 pm EST. The podcasts are available here on the Podcasts page and iTune
LIKE IT, OR NOT? Tell us below.
PARTICIPATE IN THE BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE FASHION AND MODEL INITIATIVE! COPY AND PASTE UP THIS FABULOUS GRAPHIC INTO YOUR FACEBOOK TIMELINE COVER HEADER AND PROMOTE IT ON YOUR WEBPAGES.
Join Bella Petite today and be part of the petite fashion and model movement. Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and Lifestyle for Women. “Petite is fit, curvy and plus-sized!
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE Enter the Bella Petite Model Search. Win a photo shoot in California, for an editorial fashion spread. Earn tearsheets for your portfolio and model promotions! Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’5″ tall and under!
Support Bella Petite Magazine by ordering a printed edition at bit.ly/bellapetitemag See what all the buzz is about!