- Bella Petite Magazine Editor and Lifestyle Expert Ann Lauren on Real EstatePosted 54 mins ago
- Model On-The-Go FoodsPosted 19 hours ago
- She’s Got It Fashion EditorialPosted 4 days ago
- Bella Petite Model Cover Girl Lands Cosmetics CampaignPosted 3 weeks ago
- A World Exclusive Featuring ‘After Romeo’Posted 3 weeks ago
- Exclusive Video Stevie Wonder’s ‘Superstition’ Live Concert ATA Glenn Hughes PerformancePosted 4 weeks ago
- Victoria’s Secret Height Discrimination and Body Stereotypes Live OnPosted 1 month ago
- ‘Nevermore’ Fashion Editorial From IndiaPosted 1 month ago
- Top 10 Design Trends People Want To Have In a HomePosted 1 month ago
- Va Va Vroom Petite Fashion EditorialPosted 1 month ago
Top Five List Of Iconic Petite Celebrities
Petite Celebrity Icons from the Past Inspiring the Future
With the abundance of throwbacks recently, it would be a mistake not to reminisce upon the most influential petite women in fashion. After all, style and beauty tends to repeat itself, so it only makes sense to see where our current trends were born at that was with iconic petite celebrities! Before there was Reese Witherspoon, Eva Longoria or Vanessa Hudgens, the following classic hollywood faces paved the way for the beautiful petite celebrities of today.
Here’s a timeline of when these women were born and the impact that followed on screen and in their style.
1. Lana Turner (5’2″), 1921: This petite actress was the mind behind the pin up trend, and was just as sassy as the combination of red lips and pin curls made her look. Another style she was seen sporting was a long, fitted dress, which had to be custom tailored for her petite frame. She was the woman who caught the attention of every man with her appeal and personality.
2. Bette Davis (5’3″), 1908: This famous petite actress was dubbed “The Fifth Warner Brother” for her tenacious attitude in Hollywood that even made the men in her industry fear her. Davis starred in the movie Fashions of 1934, where her on-screen role as a designer translated into her garments off screen.
3. Judy Garland (4’11”), 1922: Although she was petite in stature, Garland’s musical and acting talents made her a star. She is most widely known for her sparkling ruby red slippers and the blue and white gingham dress she wore as Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz (1939).
4. Leslie Caron (5’1″), 1931: When you hear the word “ballerina,” some of the images that might pop into your head might be long, delicate legs and cascading arms. The amazingly talented Caron proved the industry wrong with her not-so-lanky legs. The dancer and actress performed alongside Gene Kelley in a number of Broadway performances.
5. Elizabeth Taylor (5’2″), 1932: One of the more familiar petite celebrity icons today, Taylor may be infamous for her marriage scandals, but she’s widely known in the fashion realm for her piercing violet eyes and her diamond obsession.
Each of these fabulously petite women had something to say through the styles they wore. These petites chose to embrace their body type, and as a result, have given us some of the signature beauty and styles that are integrated into our culture today. Not only that but they have also supplied us with much of the nostalgic memories we have and are true inspirations for today’s petite women and non-petites ladies alike!
By Clarissa Burt with Tamara Kraus follow Clarissa on Twitter at @asurmedia and like her on Facebook Clarissa Burt Official.
LIKE IT, OR NOT? Tell us below.
PARTICIPATE IN THE BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE FASHION AND MODEL INITIATIVE! COPY AND PASTE UP THIS FABULOUS GRAPHIC INTO YOUR FACEBOOK TIMELINE COVER HEADER AND PROMOTE IT ON YOUR WEBPAGES.
Join Bella Petite today and be part of the petite fashion and model movement. Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment, and Lifestyle for Women. “Petite is fit, curvy and plus-sized.
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE Enter the Bella PetiteModel Search. Models a photo shoot in California, editorial fashion spread and tearsheets for your portfolio and model promotions! Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’7″ tall and under!