- Top 10 Design Trends People Want To Have In a HomePosted 21 hours ago
- Bella Petite Magazine Editor and Lifestyle Expert Ann Lauren on Real EstatePosted 5 days ago
- Vanessa Deleon Top Five List of Home Renovation TipsPosted 7 days ago
- ‘Supermodel Food’ Iced Teas That Jumpstart Your MetabolismPosted 1 week ago
- Exclusive Video of Deep Purple’s Glenn Hughes ‘Highway Star’ Live Concert PerformancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Bella Petite Model Cover Girl Lands Cosmetics CampaignPosted 2 weeks ago
- Don’t Let Life Discourage YouPosted 1 month ago
- Exclusive Video of Deep Purple’s Glenn Hughes ‘Burn’ Live Concert PerformancePosted 1 month ago
- Revealing ‘Ideal’ Beauty StandardsPosted 1 month ago
- Exclusive Video Stevie Wonder’s ‘Superstition’ Live Concert ATA Glenn Hughes PerformancePosted 1 month ago
Spring Into Summer Trends, Prints and Patterns 2015
CAN PETITE WOMEN WEAR PRINTS AND PATTERNS?
Prints and patterns sizzle for Spring and Summer! This seasons color palette is beautiful from watercolor to rich, dark contrasts! Prints and patterns are everywhere on the spectrum from feminine sundresses to sexy halter tops, colorful swimsuits, super fun shorts to outlandish tropical printed dresses.
Look for eye-catching garden florals, tribal motifs, geometrics, ikats, tie-dyes, mosaics, bright tropical prints, plaids, and graphic abstract designs. Sumptuous vibrant and bright colors dominate the fashion scene in clothing, shoes, and accessories.
Although it is true that wearing prints can be tricky when you are petite, no worries we have a simple rule for you to follow! Some petite women express concerns that too much pattern overwhelms a petite woman’s frame. I encourage my fellow petite gals to use the “Fist Rule” to determine if a print or pattern is right for your petite figure.
Here is how the “Fist Rule” works:
1. Make a fist. Hold your fist up to the primary pattern in a print.
2. If the pattern is the same size or smaller than your fist, the print is right for your petite frame.
3. If the pattern is larger than your fist, the print is too big for you.
You can wear any print, or pattern that passes the “Fist Rule” with confidence! It does work. If ever in doubt, simply check out the petite clearance racks at your favorite store.
You will always find ridiculously large prints that did not pass the “Fist Rule” on sale in mass quantity. These items may be at bargain prices, but there is a reason for that. An oversized print is a fashion mistake for a petite woman at any price.
Always choose styles that flatter rather than overpower your petite proportions. Many of our favorite newcomers, this season, will work for you. Be careful of your hemline, meaning make sure it is scaled proportionally to your height. See how the scale is demonstrated below on the glamazon models, you will want to take your hemline up to maximize your height and niche in the waistline to suit best your figure.
Be fashionably cool this Summer in many of your favorite clothing trends and styles! Come back to for your next installment of petite fashion trends. Please share with us your favorite trends of this season.
LIKE IT, OR NOT? Tell us below.
PARTICIPATE IN THE PETITE FASHION MOVEMENT! COPY AND PASTE UP THIS FABULOUS GRAPHIC INTO YOUR FACEBOOK TIMELINE COVER HEADER AND PROMOTE IT ON YOUR WEBPAGES.
Join us and be a part of the petite fashion and model movement. Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and Lifestyle for Women 5’7″ Tall & under.
“Petite is fit, curvy and plus-sized. Free to join us!
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE Enter the Bella Petite Model Search. WIN a photo shoot in California, editorial fashion spread and tearsheets for your portfolio and model promotions!
Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’7″ tall and under!