- Role Models To Inspire Petite WomenPosted 1 day ago
- Top Five List Do’s and Dont’s of Maxi Wearing Dresses For Petite WomenPosted 6 days ago
- How To Choose The Perfect Nail ColorPosted 7 days ago
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet FashionPosted 16 days ago
- Difference Between Petite & Regular Sized Wedding DressesPosted 20 days ago
- Spring Dresses and Summer Swimsuits For Petite Women!Posted 26 days ago
- Fashion Watch on Petite Celebrities Olivia Palermo & Kate HudsonPosted 26 days ago
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Trends ‘Hypercolor’Posted 33 days ago
- Wearable Fashion Trends With Denim For Petite WomenPosted 35 days ago
- Sexy Dresses, Bikinis Galore & Cover ups For Petite WomenPosted 42 days ago
Petite Women Vs. Amazon Women “Facts and “Petite” Figures”
Although I describe what I’ve learned about male and female preferences, sexual selection and evolutionary psychology in the coming article, to give you a little food for thought, I’ve listed some statistics to help clear your mind (perhaps after reading this, you will no longer think it’s a “fetish” or fantasy for tall men to like “petite women”). Try to remember that the average height of a woman in the United States stands at 5’3”, thus making them…come on, say it with me – “PETITE!”
This is actually true for around the globe as well, concluding that over 70% of the women in our population is 5’5” and under. Clearly then, it’s plausible and conceivable to presume that the odds of a tall man pairing up or preferring a petite woman would be higher than that of them picking a tall woman, correct? Toprove my point, allow me to list a few countries’ height averages, accounting for their women population:
Facts and “Petite” Figures
1. NORTH AMERICA: United States women are an average petite, 5’3”; Canadian women’s average height also is 5’3”; while Central Americans are even more petite, with a typical Mexican woman reaching a height of only 5’1”, and Guatemalan women, being some of the shortest women in the world, measuring only 4’6”.
2. SOUTH AMERICA: Columbian women have an average height of 5’2.4”, but in Brazil, women are a little more petite at 5’2.2”; Argentines are a little taller, standing at 5’3.4”.
3. AFRICA: Some of the tallest women of Africa live in Cameroon, reaching a mere 5’3.5” on average; however, throughout many African countries the average height is only 5’2”. The shortest African women live in Malawi and measure a very petite 5’1”.
4. EUROPE: Spain holds some of the shortest European women at a petite 5’2.3”, while women in France are a bit taller at a mere 5’3.7”. The average height of women in Finland is less than 5’5”, with the United Kingdom only reaching 5’4.4 on average. The Netherlands, which is where some of the tallest women in the world reside, reach a typical height of 5’6.4”, with women in Iceland and the Czech Republic standing a wee smaller at just 5’6”.
5. ASIA: Across the continent, there is a height difference of 7” from country to country, with the most petite women living in Indonesia at 4’10” on average, and the tallest women living in India, standing an average, 5’5”. Philippine women are among the shortest in the continent at a very petite 4’11”.
One can certainly see, the list goes on and on (one only has to do some research), with some countries I’ve never even heard of before! On my data sheets, which only includes 81 Countries and/or Regions, I have the tallest women living in the Dinaric Alps at an average height of 5’7” (which isn’t considered Amazon, or even tall enough for the modeling industry), and the most petite women, reaching only 4’6”, in Guatemala.
To all the Amazon women out there who bitch and complain and make unfounded accusations, saying, “Petite women steal our men!” and, who charge us with being superficial and insincere with our mate choices by stating, “Petite women only date tall men so they can feel validated as a real woman,” (Oh yeah, and we petites believe, too, that tall men are better hung, don’t forget that one!…Pfft, please get a life.*sigh*)
To the fashion industry who haven’t got a clue as to proper proportions, yet, for the petite masses, which one would think you would, by now; and to the high fashion modeling industry who discriminate and take away the dreams and ambition from any young woman under 5’8”(which hello, is most women) – these statistics are for YOU, as if you didn’t already know. PLEASE, GET A CLUE…SOON!
Are we, the petite women of global percentage, being “petty?” Or, are the Amazon women at 5’8 and over, who make up only 3.9% of our population, being adversarial? Yes, that was a rhetorical question – no need to answer!
This article is part three in our series on “Petites vs. Amazons” and the final analysis of this series. In order to read the actual article “Men Prefer Petites” you will need to subscribe to Bella Petite Magazine.
Written by: Tana Corporon
Get a fashion magazine you can identify with register now. PETITE Women 5′5″ & under it’s time to join the petite women’s fashion movement. Enter the Bella Petite Magazine Cover Girl and Editorial model search.
FREE trial subscription to Bella Petite Magazine and get 20%-50% off Allison Izu, Fernanda Carneiro and My Sweet Petites clothing when you become a Bella Petite Member!