- Latina Pop Star Giselle GastellPosted 6 hours ago
- ‘Supermodel Food’ Iced Teas That Jumpstart Your MetabolismPosted 3 days ago
- Style Watch On Naomi Watts & Kate BosworthPosted 5 days ago
- Statue of David (Beckham)Posted 1 week ago
- Top 10 Most Eligible Bachelors In The WorldPosted 1 week ago
- Kate Mara & Jessica Chastain Style Watch!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Latina Pop Star Giselle GastellPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bella Petite Cover Model Valeria TigniniPosted 2 weeks ago
- Michelle Williams & Olivia Palermo on Celebrity Style WatchPosted 3 weeks ago
- Fashion For Petite Women Top 5 List of Styles For YouPosted 3 weeks ago
Petite Women and Style: Does This Make Me Look Fat?
“Top 10 Styles That Make Petite Women Look Fat,” they are amongst some of the worst style offenses a petite women can commit if you want to look elongated, thin or in shape that will likely make you look fat, or out of shape and ultimately shorter. Some of these styles may work for you and for others they won’t due to your proportions, so take into consideration your body type when selecting any of these styles.
The first 5 style offenses to avoid to look your best!
1. Skinny Jeans: Lets face it ladies, we can agree that skinny jeans should only be worn by skinny, fit and maybe curvy women (depending on the top you choose). Yes, I know they come in “all sizes,” but that doesn’t mean they are flattering to “all” petite figures.
For instance the curvy pear-shaped framed petite celebrity 5’1″ Kim Kardashian is wearing all white paired with a peplum top and jeans. The problem starts with the color choice, white makes you look heavier, the peplum top curves out at her widest point and the jeans are too tight, all together making her look shorter and heavier.
2. Skin Tight Dresses: First rule of style is to understand your body type and what best suits your shape.
Here is a perfect example of 5’2″ Chirstina Aguilera wearing a skin tight bandage dress. The dress is all wrong, to start it appears to be a size to small causing her stomach to look rounder, spurring thoughts of pregnancy. To boot it is too tight in the breast area and it grabs and gathers at her waist and thigh area making her look thicker. If you own a dress that feels tight, wrinkles appear or bumps and lumps are visible throw it out of your closet. If you are “skinny” wear spanx for sure!
3. Capri or Cropped three quarter Pants: Most all petite women will look shorter, wider and more heavy by wearing these styles. Basically, they cut cut your leg length off and this will only emphasize your height and generally this will make you look bottom heavy. Often the tight fitting cropped or capri make your legs appear shorter and body longer, which looks odd.
It seems to me that every Summer the capri (peddle pusher or clam digger) pant has been drudged up since, it’s introduction in 1948 by European designer Sonja de Lennart and still doesn’t look good, so it should be avoided at all cost! I know that some may disagree, but hey, this is my humble and educated opinion. Take a look at petite celebrity 5’5″ Alicia Keys shown in the below graphic.
4. Full Skirts: A guaranteed fashion faux pas is a full skirt whether long or short on a petite woman mainly due to a widening effect that tends to happen. Definitely the poodle skirts from back in the day (50’s) and gathered skirts that create fullness around the hips. You should avoid wearing a full skirt that is wider than it is long. The 5’1″ Kim Kardashian looks wider and immature in the dress shown in the below graphic trio of looks. Free to subscribe to Bella Petite!
5. Patterned Pant; Jean, Pajama and Trousers: Many tall women like celebrity 5’7″ Christina Hendricks have issues with wearing plaid pants, so you can imagine right off that this only gets worse for the petite woman. Whether it is a pant, jean or pajama style in a patterned fabric that is striped, floral, plaid or print other than a solid color they will give the illusion of looking fat, frumpy, or out of shape, simply because you need dark solids or subtle patterns (small or light check in a neutral tone) for a slimmer look.
The exception to patterns being tiny pinstriped pants that hang straight from your hip causing no distortion of the vertical lines. The next 5 Styles That Make Petite Women Look Fat (Part III)
Petite Fashion and Petite Model Coverage:
10 Tips For Petite Women To Do To Help Inspire Fashionable Change
Bella Petite Magazine Petite Fashion Model Editorials
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE: Enter the Bella Petite Magazine Model Search WIN a trip to Hawaii and a high fashion spread to appear in Bella Petite Magazine. Petite models get discovered today! Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and LifeStyle for Women 5’5″ Tall & under. ”Petite is fit and full figured.”Free to subscribe to Bella Petite!
$35 for Lashilash Eyelash Enhancer ($69.99 Value)
You can make your eyes standout with the perfect make-up but having to put layers upon layers mascara on your lashes can leave you looking like a spider is attacking your face. Put the mascara down, pick up this Spr… more