- Bella Petite Magazine’s ‘The Models Issue’Posted 17 hours ago
- JLO & Kate Hudson Style WatchPosted 1 day ago
- Interior Design Expert Vanessa Deleon ‘Trailblazer Award’Posted 3 days ago
- 10 Ways To Ignite Your Sex LifePosted 1 week ago
- Latina Pop Star Giselle GastellPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Supermodel Food’ Iced Teas That Jumpstart Your MetabolismPosted 2 weeks ago
- Style Watch On Naomi Watts & Kate BosworthPosted 2 weeks ago
- Statue of David (Beckham)Posted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10 Most Eligible Bachelors In The WorldPosted 3 weeks ago
- Kate Mara & Jessica Chastain Style Watch!Posted 3 weeks ago
How To Dress: Petite Fashion Advice Styles That Make Petite Women Look Fat
Does This Make Me Look Fat? The remaining 10 styles that make petite women look fat. (Part III) We are often asked by petite women about what they should and shouldn’t wear for their petite frame and we want to help you look your best!
Our petite fashion advice is based on style, fit and scale for the petite woman’s frame.
6. Bulky Sweaters: This is a no brainer. The more bulk in the sweater, the heavier you will look. You may be perfectly thin and fit, but you won’t be in this sweater.
Generally, oversized clothing and bulky sweaters are not petite friendly as they will make you look shorter and heavier. Take a look at curvy petite celebrity 5’3″ Jessica Simpson.
7. Harem Pants: Much to my dismay, harem pant shows up so often on the fashion scene. The harem pant is just an all around unflattering look on a petite woman, and most women for that matter. Petite celerities Kylie, Minogue, Lindsay Lohan and Janet Jackson, as well as glamazon Beyonce Knowles are all repeat offenders for this fashion faux pas . You can clearly see the issues here! It’s impossible to ever look lean. The proportions and scale of a harem pant are wrong for most women’s figures.
Top 3 Worst Accessories For Petite Women
8. Choker and Big Statement Necklaces: The problem with most chokers is that they shorten your neck. Many big statement necklaces are too much for a petite woman’s frame. Proportion is key as is paring with minimal attire. Be careful not to layer too much and selecting the right chain lengths is important. Remember, you want to choose accessories that make you look slimmer and taller, not choked off or weighed down as in the case of petite celebrity Olivia Palermo. Free to subscribe to Bella Petite!
9. Ankle Straps, Wraps and Gladiators: These are some of the worst offenders for petite figures. They will cut off your height. The ankle straps specifically cut your leg line and gladiators do all that and more! Both of these styles make your leg and hips look heavier and shorter. Be wary of contrasting colors between your shoes, your legs and tights or leggings. It is best to wear a neutral tone shoe against lighter skin and black shoes look great against darker skin tones! Always match your shoe with colored tights, nylons or leggings, you don’t want to mix match here! Look how Kourtney Kardashian appears to look shorter and heavier with this look.
10. Wide Belts: The quickest way to add extra weight is to wear a wide belt that adds a wide horizontal line around you and if it is a contrasting color it gives the illusion that you look fat, wide or even frumpy. In order to to look slimmer, wear a narrow belt that matches your outfit. You can wear a contrasting color with a narrow belt and you will look slimmer, as you see on petite celebrity Salma Hayek.
Women with a pear-shaped figures should definitely avoid wide belts. Kim Kardashian manages to make her figues look heavier and even shorter by wearing a belt that is far too wide for her petite frame.
Keep in mind that style advice is subjective and you may disagree and that is okay. Always remember to take into consideration your height and proportions when shopping for a fabulous look for you. Ultimately personal style is about what you feel looks good on you and makes you feel confident!
Petite Fashion and Petite Model Coverage:
10 Tips For Petite Women To Do To Help Inspire Fashionable Change
Bella Petite Magazine Petite Fashion Model Editorials
Style, Fashion and The Petite Woman
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE: Enter the Bella Petite Magazine Model Search WIN a trip to Hawaii and a high fashion spread to appear in Bella Petite Magazine. Petite models get discovered today! Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and LifeStyle for Women 5’5″ Tall & under. ”Petite is fit and full figured.” Free to subscribe to Bella Petite
$35 for Lashilash Eyelash Enhancer ($69.99 Value)
You can make your eyes standout with the perfect make-up but having to put layers upon layers mascara on your lashes can leave you looking like a spider is attacking your face. Put the mascara down, pick up this Spr… more