- Top 10 Most Eligible Bachelors In The WorldPosted 2 days ago
- Unaccompanied ChildrenPosted 3 days ago
- ABC’s Revenge’s Barry Sloane Shirtless For a Good CausePosted 3 days ago
- Celebrity Yoga Expert Dashama ‘Paddleboard Yoga’Posted 4 days ago
- How To Dress a Short Torso 10 Petite Fashion TipsPosted 5 days ago
- Dating ‘The 5 Day Rule’Posted 6 days ago
- Chen Lizra “My Seductive Cuba”Posted 1 week ago
- Bella Petite Cover Model Laura MasonPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Supermodel Food’ Iced Teas That Jumpstart Your MetabolismPosted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Proper Weight’ What’s your Look?Posted 2 weeks ago
Petite Fashion Advice: CAN PETITE WOMEN WEAR PRINTS AND PATTERNS?
Prints and patterns sizzle for summer. They are everywhere from feminine sundresses to sexy halter tops, colorful swimsuits, and fun shorts.
Look for eye-catching garden florals, tribal motifs, geometrics, ikats, tie-dyes, mosaics, Hawaiian prints, boyish plaids, and graphic abstract designs. Animal prints continue to dominate the fashion scene in clothing, shoes, and accessories.
It is true that wearing prints can be tricky when you are short. Some petite women express concerns that too much pattern overwhelms a petite frame. I encourage my fellow petites to use the “Fist Rule” to determine if a print or pattern is right for your petite figure.
Here is how the “Fist Rule” works:
1. Make a fist. Hold your fist up to the main pattern in a print.
2. If the pattern is the same size or smaller than your fist, the print is right for your petite frame.
3. If the pattern is larger than your fist, the print is too big for you.
Wear any print or pattern that passes the “Fist Rule” with confidence. It really does work. If ever in doubt, simply check out the petite clearance racks at your favorite store. You will always find ridiculously large prints that did not pass the “Fist Rule” on sale in mass quantity. These items may be at bargain prices, but there is a reason for that. An oversized print is a fashion mistake for a petite woman at any price. Always choose styles that flatter rather than overpower your petite proportions.
Written By: Kim Williams Dahlman
Get a fashion magazine you can identify with register now. PETITE Women 5′5″ & under it’s time to join the petite women’s fashion movement.
FREE subscription to Bella Petite Magazine.
Get 20%-50% off Allison Izu, Fernanda Carneiro and My Sweet Petites clothing when you become a Bella Petite Member. JOIN US NOW!