- Nikki Reed and Olivia Palermo Red Carpet FashionPosted 14 hours ago
- How To Dress a Short Torso 10 Petite Fashion TipsPosted 2 days ago
- How To Become a Model ‘Invest in Yourself’Posted 3 days ago
- Primetime NBC Interior Design Star Vanessa Deleon of American Dream BuildersPosted 5 days ago
- Ann Lauren a Petite Model Created Bella Petite MagazinePosted 1 week ago
- Kevin Costner, Jennifer Garner and Tom Welling ‘Draft Day’ PremierePosted 1 week ago
- Lexi Ainsworth on Crackle’s ‘Chosen’ Season PremierePosted 1 week ago
- The History of Fashion For Petite WomenPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bella Petite Magazine Cover Girl ‘Lexi Ainsworth’Posted 2 weeks ago
- Barbie and Ken DollsPosted 2 weeks ago
Petite Fashion Advice: CAN PETITE WOMEN WEAR PRINTS AND PATTERNS?
Prints and patterns sizzle for summer. They are everywhere from feminine sundresses to sexy halter tops, colorful swimsuits, and fun shorts.
Look for eye-catching garden florals, tribal motifs, geometrics, ikats, tie-dyes, mosaics, Hawaiian prints, boyish plaids, and graphic abstract designs. Animal prints continue to dominate the fashion scene in clothing, shoes, and accessories.
It is true that wearing prints can be tricky when you are short. Some petite women express concerns that too much pattern overwhelms a petite frame. I encourage my fellow petites to use the “Fist Rule” to determine if a print or pattern is right for your petite figure.
Here is how the “Fist Rule” works:
1. Make a fist. Hold your fist up to the main pattern in a print.
2. If the pattern is the same size or smaller than your fist, the print is right for your petite frame.
3. If the pattern is larger than your fist, the print is too big for you.
Wear any print or pattern that passes the “Fist Rule” with confidence. It really does work. If ever in doubt, simply check out the petite clearance racks at your favorite store. You will always find ridiculously large prints that did not pass the “Fist Rule” on sale in mass quantity. These items may be at bargain prices, but there is a reason for that. An oversized print is a fashion mistake for a petite woman at any price. Always choose styles that flatter rather than overpower your petite proportions.
Written By: Kim Williams Dahlman
Get a fashion magazine you can identify with register now. PETITE Women 5′5″ & under it’s time to join the petite women’s fashion movement.
FREE subscription to Bella Petite Magazine.
Get 20%-50% off Allison Izu, Fernanda Carneiro and My Sweet Petites clothing when you become a Bella Petite Member. JOIN US NOW!