- Get Petite Celebrity Jennifer Aniston’s Hot Bod!Posted 9 hours ago
- Spring Dresses and Summer Swimsuits For Petite Women!Posted 1 day ago
- Red Carpet Fashion Celebrities Emma Roberts and Selena GomezPosted 1 day ago
- What Petite Women Can Do To Help Change the Fashion Industry Status QuoPosted 2 days ago
- Role Models To Inspire Petite WomenPosted 3 days ago
- Top Five List Do’s and Dont’s of Maxi Wearing Dresses For Petite WomenPosted 8 days ago
- How To Choose The Perfect Nail ColorPosted 9 days ago
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet FashionPosted 19 days ago
- Difference Between Petite & Regular Sized Wedding DressesPosted 22 days ago
- Fashion Watch on Petite Celebrities Olivia Palermo & Kate HudsonPosted 28 days ago
Nothing NEW! Fashion Week Amazon Models Rule The Runway [petite models]
All that can be said for Paris Fashion Week (at the Christian Dior fashion show) held this week for the Spring 2011 collection is: nothing new! Pretty boring, in fact.
The fashion world is fresh out of ideas. It’s enough to make petite models want to cry! And cry we shall… for CHANGE! No longer do we care about watching giraffe-style amazon models grazing down the runways.
I, for one, enjoy the celebrity fashion shows where you can see women of all shapes and sizes. What’s funny is that these tiresome old designers keep playing the same tune, marching amazons down a runway in stiletto heels that are six inches plus, giving the models an additional boost (as if she needs it)!
These models are an illusion in every way. High heels, to make them significantly taller than they really are, or need to be, and they are seriously photoshopped to appear thinner in fashion magazine photos. To boot, they aren’t even the women who usually buy the clothing, it’s the petite woman that drives the retail industry.
The unfortunate fact remains that the fashion industry standards don’t include the petite models, so the poor upcoming petite ladies looking for a career as a model won’t be considered… Unless, you register for Bella Petite’s model search! Wasn’t it Tyra Banks on America’s Next Top Model whom told contestants on Cycle 13 (the petite model edition), “you can do catalog work.” Prospective petite models can also do promo modeling in advertising and convention work, but the catwalk is out.” No thanks to Tyra for upholding the precious industry standards.
Hang tight ladies, because now is the time for things to change and you’ve got BellaPetite.com in your corner. Check out our petite fashion trend news. The industry standards are coming down and petite women are coming up! Bella Petite Magazine’s preview issue is in the works and coming soon this year! 2010 is the Year of The PETITE Woman! Written by: Ann Lauren
FREE subscription to Bella Petite Magazine Sweepstake giveaways, prizes and great discounts at My Sweet Petites, Allison Izu and Fernanda Carneiro to our registered members! Get a magazine you identify with!
Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and LifeStyle for Women 5’5″ Tall & under. Petite is fit and full figured.
FREE MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION! SUBSCRIBE FREE