Met Gala Top 15 List Best & Worst Dressed Petite Celebrities
Met Gala 2013
Fashion’s night of nights has kicked off in New york City and while the theme was to be Punk, glamour certainly still reigned. While some petite celebrities looked stunning some just couldn’t get it right. We’d like to hear you thoughts about which celebrities got it right and who didn’t. Here is Bella Petite Magazine’s best and worst dressed petite celebrities list on the red carpet at the Met Gala 2013 event!
1. Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour (5’4″) wears a chic, floral Chanel gown at the 2013 Costume Institute Benefit Gala celebrating the opening of the PUNK: Chaos to Couture exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art recently this month in New York.
2. Nina Dobrev (5’5″) turns up the drama in a black ballgown by Monique L’hullier with Kimberly McDonald jewelry.
3. Actress Nora Zehetner (5’2″) sparkled in a one-shouldered Marchesa gown.
4. Kristen Stewart (5’3″) wore a red Stella McCartney pantsuit, and the Fanning sisters embraced the theme, choosing to attend the ball together – awww.
5. Ashley Greene (5’4″) arrived in Marchesa.
6. Jennifer Lopez (5’4″) wore Michael Kors on RDC.
7. Dakota Fanning (5’3″) sports a sexy Rodarte cutout design. We love this simply stated classic style!
8. Kerry Washington In Vera Wang The lilac-colored gown looks stunning on the “Scandal” actress. The fitted tank and plunging V-neck pulls the eye downward to the with mixed patterns and fabrics which nodded to the “bricolage” dresses in the exhibit. The gloves were an edgy departure from the soft florals in the gown
9. Amanda Seyfried In Givenchy. The “Les Miserables” actress took the theme of the evening and ran with it. The moody print on her dress evoked ’70s punk, while the train had a dramatic, yet romantic feeling.
10. Nicki Minaj (4’11”) attends as a guest of Tommy Hilfiger, wearing one of his navy blue designs. Not impressed…
11. Miley Cyrus (5’4″) channels her inner punk with a spiked-up ‘do and mesh dress. Very cool!
12. Rooney Mara (5’2″) In Givenchy Couture “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo” actress’ plunging gown was the perfect combination of soft and tough with both zippers and lace (thanks to the deft hand of Givenchy’s Riccardo Tisci). The slicked back ‘do and wine-stained lip are perfectly punk, perfectly Rooney. We love her petite fashion style!
13. Emma Watson finally broke her run of wearing mini printed dresses when she took to the red carpet for the 2013 Met Gala in New York City. The British actress opted for a New York based designer, wearing a Prabal Gurung custom made gown inspired by the Fall 2013 collection. Her silk crepe satin gown with cut-outs and a thigh high slit shows an even more confident side to the young actress. She really does love to show off those legs. Black Rupert Sanderson ‘Selma’ t-bar pumps, Fred Leighton earrings including a diamond stud and a diamond and black enamel dart pendant earring and a simple bun completed her look. Was this a good break out moment for this starlet?
14. Sarah Jessica Parker In Giles Deacon Dress And Philip Treacy Head Piece Another one of our faves from the evening, SJP went bold with this abstract print gown. Parker as usual managed to pull off an elegant interpretation of punk, right down to the mohawk. This petite fashionista takes the biggest risks and we think it paid off! Do you?
15. Kim Kardashian’s Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy gown was met with mixed reviews, with some loving the gloves (which were attached) and we heard that others hating on the floral pattern, claiming that “it looks like a bouquet of flowers threw up on her.” What say you?
LIKE IT, OR NOT on Facebook!
Who do you think was the best and worst dressed petite celebrity at the Met Gala? Tell us below.
Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and LifeStyle for Women 5’5″ Tall & under. “Petite is fit and full figured.” Free to subscribe!
THE 2014 BELLA PETITE MODEL OF THE YEAR IS GOING TO HOLLYWOOD AND THE UJENA JAM ALL EXPENSES PAID IN 2014!
Enter the Bella Petite Model Search! Join Bella Petite and be part of the Bella Petite Fashion Initiative. You don’t see Vogue or any other fashion magazine bring petite women to the fashion forefront or offering petite models opportunity like Bella Petite, it’s our time to shine!
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE Enter the Bella Petite Model Search WIN an all expense paid trip to Hollywood and a high fashion photo shoot and spread in Bella Petite!
Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’5″ tall and under. Petite models get discovered!