Hydrate, Hydrate and Hydrate! ‘Water Your Body’
I want to talk with you about the importance of drinking enough water for your body to glow healthy beautifully. Bella Petite’s SuperModelFoods column is all about food being the model for you to live beautifully!
Why I’m talking about drinking more water…
Water is the fluid that lubricates our systems to keep us vibrant and healthy. Think of a lake in a drought when it’s all dried up and cracking, where the water is so sparse that there’s no life in it at all.
Next, compare your body to a lake and imagine what you’re doing to it by not staying hydrated by drinking enough water. Soon enough, it too will dry up, crack up and become uninhabitable.
I want to stop you before you get to that desolate lake, so let’s talk about how you will know if you’re not drinking the right amount of H2O!
Top 6 Signs to Recognize Dehydration
The usual suspects of dehydration are dry mouth and thirst. You can also look out for six more signs of mild to severe dehydration such as:
- Hunger pains often may mean you are very thirsty. And water is a great way to not over eat. Drink 6-8 0z before meals.
- Daily headaches, decrease in memory and brain function.
- Having low blood pressure.
- Lack of energy, fatigue, loss of muscle strength and endurance.
- Tachycardia and or a rapid heart rate may signal a need to drink more water.
- Decreased or little to no output of urine. Also, if your urine is dark, strong smelling or burning.
Seven Tips To Help Increase Your Daily Water Consumption
- Always drink 1 – 2 glasses of water first thing in the morning. This helps to get your energized for your day!
- Keep water bottles or a pitcher filled with filtered water for you to drink throughout the day in your fridge at home or on your desk at work.
- Drink 8 oz of water before you exercise.
- While exercising sip small amounts of water from your water bottle.
- Keep bottles of water in your car, at the office, and by your bed.
- For extra flavor add slices of fresh lemon, orange, cucumber or strawberry to your water or fresh mint.
- Add Emergen-C to your water for a fun twist on taste, and try iced herbal teas throughout the day. Iced teas are a great way to jump-start your metabolism and to help burn calories.
Essentially, staying properly hydrated is the key to having good health, losing weight and feeling great! In order to accomplish this task daily, you must drink the proper amount based on your body weight. Here is a great link to a water calculater for you to figure out how much water you need to intake daily to live beautifully. Written by: Ann Lauren
Bella Petite’s cover models receive opportunities to appear in our media promotions, covers, articles and magazine editorials. Enter The Bella Petite Model Search!
Join Bella Petite today and support the petite woman’s fashion and model initiative for our share of industry recognition!
Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment, and LifeStyle for Women 5’7″ Tall & under “Petite is fit and full figured. Free to join us. Enter the Bella Petite Magazine Model Search. WIN a photo shoot, a high fashion spread and tearsheets for your model’s book! Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’7″ tall and under