- ‘George Hurrell’s Hollywood’ TributePosted 2 days ago
- Hollywood Glamour GirlsPosted 4 days ago
- Your DestinyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Don’t Let Life Discourage YouPosted 2 weeks ago
- Margarita Grilled Shrimp RecipePosted 2 weeks ago
- Interior Designer Vanessa Deleon ‘A Stylish Retreat In St. Martin’ VLOGPosted 2 weeks ago
- Steven Lyon Through the LensPosted 3 weeks ago
- ‘Supermodel Food’ Iced Teas That Jumpstart Your MetabolismPosted 3 weeks ago
- Victoria’s Secret Height Discrimination and Body Stereotypes Live OnPosted 3 weeks ago
- Bella Petite Cover Model Camille ImmanuelPosted 3 weeks ago
How To Look Taller Fashion Tips
Petite Fashion Advice On How To Look Taller
Bella Petite Magazine understands that it is difficult to find that perfect petite fit, so we want to help you focus on some specific styles, clothing items and accessories that you can find from with many great fashion brands and at department stores! Seriously, the key to looking great is understanding your figure type and what looks best on your petite frame. This is an issue all women deal with no matter their height, but with that said we want to focus on fashion issues for petite women 5’5″ tall and shorter.
Here are the key basics that are well-suited for your closet, regardless if you are an XS or a plus-size petite, these are the simple necessities for 2014!
1. Short Skirts: Oh, how we love ’em and as a rule, may we suggest that you choose skirts that are a minimum of two inches above your knee. Depending on the style, which there are at least fifteen to talk about, but we think there are several mainstays for your closet from a-line, to modern minis and straight skirts. We are positive they will flatter your figure and elongate your petite frame. These styles will compliment most figure types (hour glass, apple, pear, banana to the inverted triangle), like you see on petite celeb Olivia Palermo (5’4″)! Definitely don’t wear granny length skirts (tea length) and or ankle length skirts because they will make you look shorter.
2. Straight Leg Pants: We know this seasons’ trendsetters are touting high-waisted pants, but, like we always say, not all trends are created equal, nor are they flattering to a petite woman’s figure. Trends come and go. Stick with what looks good on you! We suggest a few favorable styles that are low to medium rise and boot cut, straight, skinny to a small fashionable flared pant style to help your legs look trim and long like petite fashionista Eva Longoria (5’1″). However, if you are petite with big hips than high-waisted pants may be a good option for you, so give them a try!
3. V-necks: Clean lines always look great on most any figure and this is where a simple V neck or scoop-neck tee, to collared blouse and racer back tees will look great on you! Plus V-necks look good on most any bust line. This is a simple tip because low neckline shirts add the appearance of length to any body, as seen on petite celebrity Ashley Greene (5’5″).
4. Small to medium sized bags: There are so many options for bags to pick from! You don’t need a beach tote bag, duffle bag, or silly super long unadjustable strapped over the shoulder shopper bag. Just don’t give in to the oversized trends, since they will overpower you. Really, keep it sleek, petite!
5. Wedges, platforms and high heels are all the rage this season. Rule numero uno: don’t buy into wearing flats! There’s nothing more unflattering to your legs than flats! You want to look sexy with great calves, so try and wear a shoe that is at minimum, of two to four inches. We think nothing looks prettier than a sexy three-inch stiletto heel if you can bare the foot pain. Nobody ever claimed that looking great was easy, or pain-free! Written by: Ann Lauren
LIKE IT, OR NOT? Tell us below.
Join Bella Petite today and support the petite woman’s fashion and model movement. Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and LifeStyle for Women 5’7″ Tall & under. “Petite is fit and full figured. Free to join us!
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE: Enter the Bella Petite Model Search. WIN a photo shoot, high fashion spread and tearsheets for your book! Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’7″ tall and under.