- Top 10 Design Trends People Want To Have In a HomePosted 21 hours ago
- Bella Petite Magazine Editor and Lifestyle Expert Ann Lauren on Real EstatePosted 5 days ago
- Vanessa Deleon Top Five List of Home Renovation TipsPosted 7 days ago
- ‘Supermodel Food’ Iced Teas That Jumpstart Your MetabolismPosted 1 week ago
- Exclusive Video of Deep Purple’s Glenn Hughes ‘Highway Star’ Live Concert PerformancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Bella Petite Model Cover Girl Lands Cosmetics CampaignPosted 2 weeks ago
- Don’t Let Life Discourage YouPosted 1 month ago
- Exclusive Video of Deep Purple’s Glenn Hughes ‘Burn’ Live Concert PerformancePosted 1 month ago
- Revealing ‘Ideal’ Beauty StandardsPosted 1 month ago
- Exclusive Video Stevie Wonder’s ‘Superstition’ Live Concert ATA Glenn Hughes PerformancePosted 1 month ago
How To Choose The Perfect Nail Color
With so many nail polishes these days, finding the right color can be pretty overwhelming. However, the best way to choose a nail color is to think about what you want your nails to express. We break it down for you below in four simple categories.
Mood: Think of your polish as your modern-day mood rings. Popular in the 90s, these rings, based on how you were feeling that day, would give a specific color to a heat-sensitive stone. So when choosing a tint, consider your attitude that day. Feeling confident? Try a bright yellow. Feeling calm?
Your outfit: Nails are a great accessory, and it’s fun to choose your color based on what you’ve got hanging in your closet. With color blocking still a big trend, wear a bright pink skirt, a blue top and green nails. The colors will all work together to make you look like you’ve walked out of the pages of a fashion magazine. If you’re wearing an all-black or all-white outfit, a red nail mimics the boldness of a red lip for a dark ensemble. Meanwhile, a neon nail makes a white dress really pop.
Trends: Nail trends are a great source to review when considering a nail color. These days, girls are amping their nails up a notch by painting on unique designs and texture. Some brands have a velvet polish, which gives your nails the silky look and soft touch of velvet.
A big trend in the hair world right now is ombré, and you can do ombré hands, painting each finger a different shade of the same color. 5’3’ Chloe Grace Moretz (age 19) illustrated this by painting each nail a different pastel shade. The great thing about this trend is that you get to play artist for the day. And if you make a mistake, just rub off and try again!
Skin tone: If all else fails, just take a look at your skin for inspiration. Purples, greens and yellows look great on darker skin tones, and whites, pinks and reds compliment well the undertones in lighter skin colors. 5’5’’ Miley Cyrus’ (24) while nails look chic matched with her bright pink lip.
No matter what polish you choose, wear your color with confidence! As long as you love it, the whole world will, too. Free to subscribe to Bella Petite
LIKE IT, OR NOT? Tell us below.
PARTICIPATE IN THE BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE FASHION AND MODEL INITIATIVE! COPY AND PASTE UP THIS FABULOUS GRAPHIC INTO YOUR FACEBOOK TIMELINE COVER HEADER AND PROMOTE IT ON YOUR WEBPAGES.
Join Bella Petite today and be part of the petite fashion and model movement. Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and Lifestyle for Women. “Petite is fit, curvy and plus-sized!
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE Enter the Bella Petite Model Search. Win a photo shoot in California, for an editorial fashion spread. Earn tearsheets for your portfolio and model promotions! Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’5″ tall and under!
Support Bella Petite Magazine by ordering a printed edition at bit.ly/bellapetitemag See what all the buzz is about!