- ABC Pretty Little Liars Star Nia Peeples On Lifestyle and WellnessPosted 5 days ago
- Keith Urban Live Concert EXCLUSIVE VIDEO AND PHOTOSPosted 5 days ago
- Vanessa Deleon Celebrity Interior Designer ‘Agate Stone Designs’Posted 6 days ago
- CHOC Cherishes Children Gala with Keith Urban EXCLUSIVE COVERAGEPosted 1 week ago
- Grilled Chicken Tomato SaladPosted 1 week ago
- RockWalk Rock and Roll Inductees 2016 Vince Gill and Joe Walsh ExclusivePosted 1 week ago
- Tyra Banks’ America’s Next Top Models EXCLUSIVEPosted 1 week ago
- Primetime NBC Celebrity Interior Designer Vanessa Deleon on “Black and White”Posted 1 week ago
- Business Expert Maria Gamb “Healing the Corporate”Posted 2 weeks ago
- Desert Heat Modern Silhouettes Fashion EditorialPosted 2 weeks ago
How To Become a Model ‘Invest in Yourself’
1. What’s your look?
Establish what your range of looks are. Look at current fashion magazine advertisements and replicate what you see. Don’t just take a glamour shot or pageant picture for a headshot. You need what’s referred to as a “beauty shot”… nothing overdone, less is more.
Your full body shots should be comprised of the type of work you want to do and refer to current advertisements featuring women’s accessories, such as shoes, handbags, jewelry, cosmetic, skin care and hair care ads. Commercial print campaigns should be a strong focus in your book, such as everyday product advertisements (household products, automotive, health and fitness). Free to subscribe to Bella Petite
This advice is key to obtaining work in magazine editorials, retailer advertisements and obtaining an agent. The decision makers need to see you’re doing what they’re clients want.
Also, parts modeling is an option, but is limited, not much money in it and the majority of the time unfortunately most of those jobs go to the taller models, because they are agency represented.
2. Locate Professional Photographers:
Call your local model and talent agencies to obtain a listing of professional photographers, however, it will cost to shoot with them. Free sources can be photography magazines and local modeling schools to find amateur photographers willing to shoot for free and begin building your book.
Online you may try model portfolio hosting and entertainment websites to help you find photographers that may shoot you for (TFP) time for print and to promote yourself. If you are participating in the Bella Petite Model search let the photographer know that his work will be published and that he will receive proper photo credit. Photographers want tear sheets for their book. Most importantly, you need to learn how to pose in front of the camera and build a solid book. Free to subscribe to Bella Petite
Your composite (comp) card is your business card to help you find work, as well as agency representation. Generally it should have a great headshot on the front and three different full body looks on the backside, with a listing of your information, including: name, age, height, weight, eye color, hair, body measurements, contact number or email optional. There are plenty of cheap sources on the internet for printing purposes.
LIKE IT, OR NOT? Tell us below.
HOW TO BECOME A MODEL, OR YOU WANT EXPOSURE TO PROMOTE YOUR CAREER? BECOME A BELLA PETITE MODEL MEMBER.
Join Bella Petite today and be part of the petite fashion and model movement. Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and LifeStyle for Women 5’5″ Tall & under. “Petite is fit and full figured. Free to join us!
RELATED ARTICLES ON PETITE FASHION AND MODELS
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE Enter the Bella Petite Model Search. WIN an all expense paid photo shoot, high fashion spread and tearsheets for your book! Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’5″ tall and under and get discovered!