- Top Five List Do’s and Dont’s of Maxi Wearing Dresses For Petite WomenPosted 4 days ago
- How To Choose The Perfect Nail ColorPosted 5 days ago
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet FashionPosted 14 days ago
- Difference Between Petite & Regular Sized Wedding DressesPosted 18 days ago
- Spring Dresses and Summer Swimsuits For Petite Women!Posted 24 days ago
- Fashion Watch on Petite Celebrities Olivia Palermo & Kate HudsonPosted 24 days ago
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Trends ‘Hypercolor’Posted 31 days ago
- Wearable Fashion Trends With Denim For Petite WomenPosted 34 days ago
- Sexy Dresses, Bikinis Galore & Cover ups For Petite WomenPosted 40 days ago
- Petite Celebrity Fashion Watch Salma Hayek & Halle BerryPosted 40 days ago
Top Five Reasons To Own “The Little Black Dress”
BY KIM WILLIAMS DAHLMAN: PETITE FASHION EXPERT & AUTHOR OF “THE PETITE HANDBOOK”
In these tight economic times, the “little black dress” is one of the best fashion investments you can make this holidayseason. Every petite woman looks great in it. Here are the top five reasons to own the little black dress (LBD):
The little black dress was introduced to the fashion world by Coco Chanel and remains a timeless classic for every petite woman’s wardrobe. In 1926 Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel published a picture of a short, simple black dress in Vogue. It was calf-length, straight, and decorated only by a few diagonal lines. Vogue called it “Chanel’s Ford.” Like the Model T, the little black dress was simple and accessible for women of all social classes. Vogue also said that the LBD would become “a sort of uniform for all women of taste.”
2. The little black dress knocks pounds off every figure.
Black is always elegant and always slimming. Whether you are a size 2 or a size 16, a pear-shape or an hourglass figure, the little black dress makes a flattering choice.
You can dress it up or dress it down. The best little black dresses go right from the office to a formal affair with just a change of accessories. You can be all business in a little black dress with a brightly colored jacket and patent leather pumps. That same little black dress paired pearls and strappy black beaded sandals can take you our for a night on the town!
4. It doesn’t cost a fortune to look simply fabulous.
The beauty of the little black dress is that it is available in a wide variety of styles and price ranges. Stretch your clothing budget by choosing the little black dress in a seasonless fabric such as silk, wool jersey, wool crepe, or a poly/rayon blend. Black goes with every look, rocker chick, the professional, chic girl and the LBD is always a hit for Miss elegant!
5. The little black dress is unmatched in versatility.
The only possible equivalent is a men’s navy blazer. The little black dress solves the dilemma of what to wear because it always looks right! You can wear your little back dress everywhere, special events and always on holiday occasions you simply can’t go wrong. Every Hollywood celebrities got it down when in doubt go BLACK you can’t miss!
Want to see more on PETITES?
Become a BellaPetite member today, it’s free & easy! Get 20% off at AllisonIzu.com, 30% off at MySweetPetites.com and more discounts with select premium retailers when you become a Bella Petite MEMBER!