- Hollywood Glamour GirlsPosted 2 days ago
- Bella Petite Magazine Editor and Lifestyle Expert Ann Lauren on Real EstatePosted 3 days ago
- Revealing ‘Ideal’ Beauty StandardsPosted 4 days ago
- Victoria’s Secret Height Discrimination and Body Stereotypes Live OnPosted 4 days ago
- Top 10 Design Trends People Want To Have In a HomePosted 5 days ago
- Your DestinyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Vanessa Deleon Top Five List of Home Renovation TipsPosted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Supermodel Food’ Iced Teas That Jumpstart Your MetabolismPosted 2 weeks ago
- Exclusive Video of Deep Purple’s Glenn Hughes ‘Highway Star’ Live Concert PerformancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Bella Petite Model Cover Girl Lands Cosmetics CampaignPosted 3 weeks ago
Crab and Cheddar Bisque Soup “SuperModelFood”
This fabulous recipe is brought to you by Bella Petite Cover Girl Laura Mason. We know you are going to love this sumptuous dish. There is nothing better than a great soup and salad pairing!
Crab and Cheddar Bisque
3 tablespoons Tillamook Salted Butter
½ cup diced onions
⅓ cup diced carrots
⅓ cup diced celery
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 bay leaf
¼ cup flour
1- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup clam juice
3 cups chicken broth
½ – 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons fresh chopped tarragon, divided
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
3 cups (12 ounces) Tillamook Special Reserve Extra Sharp Cheddar, shredded
Dry sherry (optional)
9 ounces flaked crabmeat
½ cup Tillamook Sour Cream
Here are the super simple directions: Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onions, carrots, celery, garlic and bay leaf. Cook, frequently stirring until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
Add flour, and cook, constantly stirring for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, clam juice and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, about 20 minutes.
Remove from heat, discard bay leaf and stir in chopped peppers. In a blender, puree the soup in small batches until smooth. Pour bisque through a fine mesh strainer into a medium saucepan.
Bring soup to a simmer and stir in cream, 1 tablespoon tarragon, black pepper and Tabasco Sauce. Remove from heat. Add cheese and stir until melted. Serve hot and garnish each bowl with a splash of sherry, a dollop of sour cream, crab meat and remaining tarragon. Serves 6
Written by: Bella Petite Cover Girl Laura Mason
LIKE IT, OR NOT? Tell us below.
PARTICIPATE IN THE BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE FASHION AND MODEL INITIATIVE! COPY AND PASTE UP THIS FABULOUS GRAPHIC INTO YOUR FACEBOOK TIMELINE COVER HEADER AND PROMOTE IT ON YOUR WEBPAGES.
Join Bella Petite today and be part of the petite fashion and model movement. Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment, and Lifestyle for Women. “Petite is fit, curvy and plus-sized.
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE MODELS SUBMISSION DEADLINE COMING SOON!
Enter the Bella Petite Model Search. Win a professional photo shoot in California and editorial fashion spread. You will get tearsheets for your portfolio and modeling promotions! Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’7″ tall and under!