- Nikki Reed and Olivia Palermo Red Carpet FashionPosted 11 hours ago
- How To Dress a Short Torso 10 Petite Fashion TipsPosted 2 days ago
- How To Become a Model ‘Invest in Yourself’Posted 2 days ago
- Primetime NBC Interior Design Star Vanessa Deleon of American Dream BuildersPosted 5 days ago
- Ann Lauren a Petite Model Created Bella Petite MagazinePosted 1 week ago
- Kevin Costner, Jennifer Garner and Tom Welling ‘Draft Day’ PremierePosted 1 week ago
- Lexi Ainsworth on Crackle’s ‘Chosen’ Season PremierePosted 1 week ago
- The History of Fashion For Petite WomenPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bella Petite Magazine Cover Girl ‘Lexi Ainsworth’Posted 2 weeks ago
- Barbie and Ken DollsPosted 2 weeks ago
How To Dress Petite: Can Petite Girls Wear a Mid-Length Coat
Petite fashionista Victoria Beckham (5’3″) is a great example of how to be a fashionably-dressed petite! Here in the U.S., the average height of a female is 5’3″ tall according to the census bureau. Yet, the majority of women have issues finding clothing that fits properly, which is kind of bazaar. With such a large target market, you would think that clothing designers would offer petites with a greater selection of clothing that is scaled accordingly, but they have not… yet!
Until the designers adapt, Bella Petite Magazine is here to help you find solutions and fashionable styles in order to achieve the perfect petite fit.
Once you have determined your figure type, we can start talking about specific styles and how to properly wear certain fashions. A common question is whether a petite women can wear a mid-length coat? I believe that you can if you follow a few basic rules.
The coat should be contoured at the waist or it should be belted. This helps to create a slim line that will elongate your frame, so you don’t look frumpy. You want to select a coat that is structured so it is properly fitted with slim sleeves and falls slightly above the waist line. Look for single-breasted styles, and avoid the bulky, boxy and double-breasted styles. Beware of an overly long coat, as it tends to overpower your frame. Here are a few examples of mid-length coats that will look fabulous on you! And for more great how to dress your petite figure check out our HOW TO ADVICE exclusively for you!
Help us create change by doing some simple strategies to help get the message out. Here are our top 10 tips for you to help change the fashion industry status quo.
Written by: Ann Lauren
This year’s winner will WIN TWO TRIPS! She will be flown to Hollywood for a high fashion shoot for Bella Petite Magazine. Plus, she will win an all expense paid trip to the Ujena Jam in 2014.Enter Bella Petite Model Search! Join Bella Petite today and be part of the petite fashion and model movement.
Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and LifeStyle for Women 5’5″ Tall & under. “Petite is fit and full figured. Free to subscribe to Bella Petite Magazine! You will receive regular updates on our events, promotions, special offers here on Bella Petite Magazine.
RELATED ARTICLES ON PETITE FASHION AND MODELS
Petite Model Editorials Bella Petite Magazine
Petite models you can get discovered here on Bella Petite Magazine.