- Bella Petite Magazine Editor and Lifestyle Expert Ann Lauren on Real EstatePosted 2 weeks ago
- Victoria’s Secret Height Discrimination and Body Stereotypes Live OnPosted 2 weeks ago
- A World Exclusive Featuring ‘After Romeo’Posted 2 weeks ago
- Franky Perez & Rockstar Friends Perform Led Zepplin’s “Whole Lotta Love” Exclusive Release!Posted 2 weeks ago
- A World Exclusive Release The Cult “Love Removal Machine”Posted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Modern Chic’ Fashion EditorialPosted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Glam Punk Rock’ Fashion EditorialPosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10 Design Trends People Want To Have In a HomePosted 3 weeks ago
- Five Good Reasons To Own “The Little Black Dress”Posted 3 weeks ago
- Bella Petite Fashion TakeoverPosted 3 weeks ago
Beautiful Brows, to pluck, or not to pluck
Beautiful Brows, to pluck or not to pluck? That is the question!
The eyebrow is either beautifully shaped or hairy furry mess. We spend time worrying about wrinkles, the slight notice of a tiny gray hair, but we never take the time to look at the shape of our eyebrows. Eyebrows primarily orchestrate the facial expression and emotional display of our feelings.
Here are a some tips on making the brow beautiful
1. Check for uneven brows- make sure that you take a good look at your dominant side, if you are right handed, your right brow may look much better than your left. Make sure you start opposite your dominant side. Create your shape and outline your arch by using an eyebrow pencil.
2. Thin eyebrows are outdated- but keep in mind, if you like thin, make sure NOT to arch them high, since it may give you a permanent look of SURPRISE and you may want to avoid the circle shaped eyebrow too!
3. Suggested alternatives to plucking- threading the eyebrows, a very popular technique to hair removal in the west. This ancient art common in India and Egypt is the easiest way to remove the hair follicle as well as extremely sanitary. If you opt for threading, you may experience some discomfort from the rolling of the thread on your skin. Furthermore, frequent threading may stop hair growth permanently.
Another alternative would be waxing the eyebrows; this can be done professionally, or in the comfort of your home. Waxing is a quick, easy solution lasting several weeks. I prefer to use the cream wax heat instead of pre-made wax strips; the cream will give you a much smoother result.
Last resort is tattooed brows, this should only be done if there is significant amounts of eyebrow loss due to over plucking, age, medication or illness resulting in regrowth difficulties. Make sure that the tattoo artist specializes in eyebrow sculpting; you don’t want to walk out of there with branches and leaves for eyebrows.
Lastly, if you have $8k to spend you can always have an eyebrow implant, just as celebrity Megan Fox had done. Her before and after photo is shown to the right.
A simple, quick fix for grooming the brows is to use an eyebrow comb. Apply a little hairspray or gel onto your fingertips, dab onto your brow comb, run the brush with an upward stroke, and it will shape your brows into place.
Get your free online issue of Bella Petite Magazine today to see what all the buzz is about! Printed editions are also available for order at bit.ly/bellapetitemag
LIKE IT, OR NOT? Tell us below.
Join Bella Petite today and be part of the petite fashion and model movement. Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and LifeStyle for Women 5’5″ Tall & under. “Petite is fit, curvy and plus-sized. Free to join us!
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE Enter the Bella Petite Model Search. WIN a photo shoot in California, editorial fashion spread and tearsheets for your portfolio and model promotions! Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’5″ tall and under!
Get your free online issue of Bella Petite today to see what all the buzz is about! Printed editions are available for order at bit.ly/bellapetitemag